Senior Backend Engineer
Are you an experienced professional in PHP, MySQL, and Laravel,and able to effectively share your knowledge with colleagues?Are you looking to join a team where the focus isn't on where or when you work, but rather on the impact you make on our clients' success?
What you’ll do
At Radancy, a typical day doesn't exist. Here’s a snapshot: You arrive, grab a coffee, and join the back-end development team, greeted by the scenic Hollandsche IJssel and friendly colleagues.
You'll begin by detailing some Asana tasks for a teammate adjusting a job importer, then switch to PHPStorm (or your preferred IDE) to work on feedback for a merge request for WerkenbijDefensie.nl.
By lunchtime, you're ready for a break. Our chef has lunch waiting in the Radancy café. Post-lunch, you'll discuss a new API integration with an external partner and refine roadmap projects with UK and US colleagues.
The day ends with GitLab code reviews, but not for long - there's a team gaming and pizza night!
Who we are
Radancy is the global talent technology leader intelligently solving the most critical challenges for employers and delivering results that strengthen their organizations. Our unified platform, augmented by rich data and deep industry expertise, is revolutionizing how employers attract and hire the talent they need – through connected intelligence. Our services range from crafting Employer Value Propositions to innovative media plans, and from creative concepts to building complete recruitment sites on our Talent Acquisition Cloud platform or RudderCMS. As the top player in the market, we house all the necessary knowledge and expertise under our own roof. And as a member of our globally operating brand, you can rely not only on your colleagues in Vienna, but also on the wisdom, experience, and support of about 1,200 colleagues worldwide.
Who you are
- At least 8 years of experience as a back-end developer/engineer.
- You have mastered PHP 8 and Laravel; these technologies hold no secrets for you.
- Proficient in MySQL, Git, and adept in writing unit tests.
- Experienced in mentoring junior colleagues and guiding their development.
- You maintain a broad overview of projects, work with clear objectives, and provide direction to colleagues as needed.
- Despite your extensive experience, you're committed to continuous learning and keeping up with the latest trends in Laravel development.
- Whether working in a team or independently, you're known for being both fast and meticulous.
- Your specific educational background is less of a concern for us. Whether you're a computer science graduate or entirely self-taught, at Radancy, we value talent over traditional educational paths.
- Extra points for experience with any of the following: EFK, Ansible, Talos, Flux, Helm, Minio, AWS, Go Lang, Vault, Haproxy, Crowdsec, Service meshes in Kubernetes (Kuma / Istio), Terraform.
We're also looking for a social colleague who communicates and collaborates effectively, is analytical, problem-solving, eager to learn, and fluent in both Dutch and English.
What we offer
- We operate based on a system of flat hierarchies, agility, transparency and empowerment through our organization
- Being part of a growing, motivated, open-minded, international team
- We are convinced that you know best when it comes to when and where you can work productively – therefore flexible working hours and the possibility to work up to 100% remotely throughout Austria, Germany or the Netherlands is something we are proud to have
- You receive the latest technology devices from us and you can choose between iOS and Windows (Lenovo)
- We have exciting major customer projects, have a famous company that strengthens our backs but are still a startup at heart, which is reflected in our organizational culture
- We like to celebrate our achievements together that’s why we have regular team events every quarter
- Social commitment is important to us and we therefore value social sharing days – you get 1 additional day off per quarter for your social work
- Of course you do not have to work on your birthday and get this special day off (in addition to the statutory holiday entitlement)
- A fancy office space located at the Icon Tower (Vienna Central Train Station), right at the heart of the most livable city in the world
The gross minimum salary according to the collective agreement (2023) based on the Austrian law for this position is 3.455 Euro. This includes full health insurance, occupational accident insurance, public pension scheme, and public unemployment insurance. Depending on your professional qualifications and previous experience, your salary can be significantly higher.
Best Places to Work
Best Company Leadership
Best Companies for Ability to Telecommute
Best Company Work-Life Balance
Best Companies to Work For
Best Company New York
Best Companies Sense of Belonging
Best Companies Work for As Rated by the Women Who Work There